Delta Air Lines
Delta Air Lines
Delta Air Lines (IATA: DL, ICAO: DAL) is an American airline headquartered in Atlanta, operating scheduled flights to the United States and worldwide.
Having merged since October 29, 2008 with Northwest Airlines, the company will continue to be called Delta and keep its headquarters in Atlanta, became the largest airline in the world with 75,000 employees serving 375 destinations in 66 countries. The network of 375 destinations and is therefore an advantage for the SkyTeam alliance, which allows, among others, Air France-KLM, the outlook for interest.
* Created May 30, 1924. It is the first airline agricultural until 1929. It then focuses on the transportation of passengers.
* In 1953 it merged with Chicago Airlines Southeast Airlines.
* In 1972 it merged with Northeast Airlines.
* In 1978 it merged with Western Airlines.
* On June 22, 2000, she participated in the founding of the SkyTeam alliance with Air France, Aeromexico and Korean Air.
* Signature of a cooperation agreement with Northwest Airlines and Continental Airlines.
* September 2004, Delta announced a broad restructuring plan the departure of 6,900 employees, with effect from 1 January 2005, hoping to save five billion U.S. dollars in two years. Delta Air Lines currently employs some 60,000 people. Since September 11, 2001, the company has already had to cut around 16,000 jobs.
* On September 15, 2005, the company is under the protection of Article 11, declaring and almost bankrupt.
* On April 30, 2007, Delta formally released the American system of bankruptcy after a successful restructuring of 19 months, one year ahead of the original savings plan.
* On April 14, 2008, the boards of Delta Air Lines (the third U.S. airline in 2007) and Northwest Airlines (then 5th U.S. company) have approved the merger of the two groups under the name Delta will have the 1st place global airline in terms of traffic and control 25% of the U.S. market. Its annual sales exceed $ 35 billion for 800 aircraft and 75,000 employees.
On 1 February 2010, Delta Air Lines has announced that it completed the integration of Northwest Airlines in its group. The last flight in the Code of Northwest Airlines took place on January 30, NW2470 linking Los Angeles to Las Vegas.
Delta Air Lines, Inc.. provides air transport, passenger and cargo, the U.S. and worldwide. On 1st November 2004, Delta (including its holdings to 100% as Atlantic Southeast Airlines, Inc.. And Comair Inc.). Serves 211 cities in 46 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands and 51 cities abroad in 33 countries. Delta domestic and international, Song ®, Delta Shuttle ®, Delta Connection ®, Delta SkyTeam ® and its partners around the world do every day 7,615 flights to 496 airports in 88 countries. Delta serves French airports of Roissy-Charles de Gaulle, Lyon Saint-Exupery and Nice Cote d'Azur. Flights to France leave from Atlanta, New York, Salt Lake City, Cincinnati, Memphis, Minneapolis-St Paul, Raleigh-Durham, Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania. New Summer 2008: Delta serves Paris and live in daily from the hub of Salt Lake City, Lyon Saint-Exupery is also the program from New York JFK. Delta flight to other countries and cities Francophone Quebec and Montreal in Canada, Brussels in Belgium, Zurich, Switzerland, and Dakar, Senegal.
Delta, headquartered in Atlanta, is governed by the laws of Delaware.
See also southwest airlines
Posted by Love