Verizon Communications, formerly Bell Atlantic Corporation, a major U.S. telecommunications company operating on the mobile market with Verizon Wireless in the United States attaches to Verizon Telecom, on the corporate market with Verizon Business and the internationally through various subsidiaries and shareholdings.
Verizon is one of the "Baby Bell" arose from the split of the former monopoly AT & T. The group was formed by the merger of Bell Atlantic, a former "Baby Bell", and GTE in 1999. Before becoming Verizon, Bell Atlantic had already merged in 1996 with another "Baby Bell" NYNEX. The company owns a building in Manhattan (New York, USA).
In January 2006, Verizon buys more than $ 8 billion $ U.S. phone company MCI adding to its list of customers, the Government of the United States and Hewlett-Packard.
The offer includes cash and share management of the debt of $ 4.9 billion of MCI.
* Verizon Wireless: mobile
* Verizon Telecom's fixed-line operator in the U.S.
* Verizon Business: Business Services
* Joint venture with Vodafone (Verizon holds a majority 55%)
* More important mobile operator in the U.S. based on 2006 revenue (38 billion USD)
* 60.7 million customers
* 66,000 employees
* Technology: CDMA
* Present in 49 of the 50 largest markets in the U.S.
* 61.5% of voice customers also use data services
* 22.3 billion text messages exchanged in the first quarter 2007
* On June 5, 2008, Verizon Wireless Acquires Alltel for U.S. mobile md $ 28.01 and becomes the first U.S. mobile
* 32.9 billion in sales in 2006
* Activity ILEC (Bell Atlantic and GTE), Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia with more than 44 million fixed telephone lines (which is to give an idea eg 1.3 times the size of the French telephone network that includes about 34 million lines).
* Reliable Network> 99.99%
* Establishes an average of over 1.2 billion calls per day
* Investing heavily in fiber optics to subscribers to provide access to the Internet at high speed (FiOS Internet 50 Mbps in the downlink and 5 Mbps in the uplink) and IP TV (FiOS TV, access to more than 200 digital channels, 8,000 video titles in the catalog to request, 27 HDTV channels)
* Nearly 6.8 million households connected in 16 states
* 864,000 FiOS Internet customers
* 348,000 FiOS TV customers
* DSL Access: available in 80% of households connected.
* Services for SMEs (FiOS Internet & DSL, T1/T3 leased lines, Frame Relay, and ISDN)
* U.S. Dollar 20.7 billion in sales in 2006
* 130,000 business customers
* 31,800 employees
* Deriving from redemption of MCI by Verizon in January 2006
* 94% of the 500 largest companies are customers of Verizon Business
* 321 offices in 75 countries
* IP network in more than 2,700 cities in 150 countries
* Owns interests in 65 submarine cables worldwide
* 8 satellite infrastructure in the United States, Hawaii and Guam
* Verizon Business in 2008 became the first operator to provide an overall Ultra Long Haul network in Europe
The Verizon network
* The RTC includes about 6,000 switches VERIZON traditional multi-vendor capabilities and of various ages.
* The data traffic and leased lines is now a majority in volume (85% of traffic).
* On January 7, 2004, VERIZON announced that it will accelerate the development of its fixed network PSTN to NGN multiservice network structured around the transmission of data packets to provide voice over IP and multimedia
* VERIZON has deployed an IP / MPLS (project "Enterprise Advance") with QOS capable of providing frame relay, ATM, SONET and Ethernet-over-SONET companies from 56 markets in the United States.
* Investing in broadband (DSL) and especially the very high speed introduction of fiber optics in the access network
* By moving voice over the network, the operator reduces costs, enhances its positions in fixed combination with new VoIP and multimedia enriched, expanded its services into new markets.
* Headquarters: New York City
* Senior Operations Center: Basking Ridge, NJ
See also United Airlines
Posted by Love